Friday 26 April 2013

1000th Job!


















Pretty excited about this. Had my eye on my 1000th job landmark for some time.

I made my first attempts at a freelance career back in 2007 ish. I set up a MySpace page and began pimping out my work, had a few lucky breaks and capitalised on the opportunities that came my way. Here I am  six years and one thousand jobs later. I feel more content and grounded in my career and its fun to think back to where I came from, naive, inexperienced but with the right frame of mind.

I am grateful that the work I have put in over the years means that I am one of the people who likes going to work on a Monday morning.  All those late evenings working away when I started seemed to do the trick. It can be hard doing anything as a freelancer, no paid holidays, pensions schemes, sick days or company cars, but you sacrifice that for personal creative freedom, and being in control of your own career.

I have promised my wife a meal out somewhere nice to celebrate when I got here, looks like I'm going to have to dust off the business bank card!

No comments:

Post a Comment